- universities and colleges should work together to ensure local areas have a coherent and flexible offer for school leavers
- local authorities and employers should work together to identify and correct any mismatch between local skills and local needs
- digital infrastructure and skills, transport connections and good quality affordable housing should be prioritised by local leaders to attract new people
- councils should work with metro mayors and community groups to...
Date Published: 23rd July 2020
Report Author/s: Becci Newton, Dafni Papoutsaki, Emma Pollard, Georgie Akehurst, Helen Gray, James Cockett, Jonathan Buzzeo, Kate Alexander, Matthew Williams
Organisation/s : Social Mobility Commission
- Insight into the world of work that improved their ability to make decisions about the future, understand workplace ‘norms’ and behaviours, and to understand different sorts of workplaces;
- Development of career-relevant skills valued by employers including communication, teamwork, resilience and confidence, and;
- Improved long-term careers outcomes, including wage-premiums, employability, and a reduced likelihood of becoming NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training).
Date Published: 2nd May 2019
Report Author/s: Bart Shaw, Loic Menzies, Sam Baars, Will Millard
Organisation/s : LKMCo, Workfinder